Monday, August 4, 2014

A Delicious Surprise!

We just finished dinner and I'm going to share with you a recipe for the best homemade pizza ever.  You won't believe the ingredients, especially for the crust.


Cauliflower Pizza

2 1/2 C cauliflower, grated (I used the whole head, excluding stems)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper 1/2C pizza sauce
2 cloves garlic, sliced
green and red bell peppers, sliced
purple onion, sliced
cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced


Line a rimmed baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 F.

Grate cauliflower till you have 2C of crumbles.  Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes, till soft.  Allow to cool.

Mix in egg, 1C mozzarella and parmesan cheese and pepper.  Once combined, pat into a 10" round on a prepared pan.  Spray lightly with non-stick spray. 


Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.


Top with pizza sauce, the rest of the veggies and the cheese.


Bake till melted and bubbly, approximately 10-12 minutes.

Note: The original recipe was posted on Facebook but of course I changed it.

To die for delicious!  And it goes without saying that you can add whatever toppings you please.

Enjoy and...

Happy stitching!

16 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great recipe!
I'll give it a try. Thank you

Podunk Pretties said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Both my parents are diabetic and love pizza but due to the crust they stay away from it. I think this will allow them to eat their favorite comfort food again.

Sara said...

Thank you for this recipe. We are finding success with a low carb diet. This will be a nice, "legal" change.

Lesley said...

Definitely looks good!

Lesley said...

Definitely looks good!

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I will be giving this a try. Looks delicious!Thanks!

Calicojoan said...

Sounds like I am going to have to have pizza for dinner this weekend!
:-)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh Kaaren, thank you for sharing this. I normally hate to cook but I am always looking for options to using flour! Thank you also for your inspiration.
Wendy

Heartsdesire said...

A great recipe, Kaaren, especially for those wanting to eliminate wheat. And a nice change from a regular pizza crust.

Susannah said...

Looks absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Janet said...

I'm taking your word for it plus the photos look delicious. It's a good recipe for gluten intolerant people too.

paulette said...

Cauliflower, after cooking, can be mashed as a mashed potato substitute if you are on a diet!! Add a LITTLE sauce/gravy and it's delish! AND healthier for you!
I am going to try this pizza recipe!! Thanks!
P

Jeanna said...

My mouth is watering! I can hardly wait to try this recipe...maybe over the weekend! Thank you so much for sharing :)

annie said...

really looking forward to trying this one! thanks for sharing!

Teri said...

Ok I'm up for anything.....it actually looks good....I'm going to try it.....thanks

Janet said...

Oh Kaaren thank you for the recipe. Delicious. I did make it a little unhealthy by adding Jimmy Dean Hot Breakfast sausage but with all the veggies I figured it was OK. Yes, I used a whole huge head of cauliflower. I wsill definitely make it again. It's a keeper.